Chicken kathi roll. A kathi roll is incomplete without some spicy and yummy stuffing. This recipe is surely going to win your hearts. Do try and let us know.
A kati roll (sometimes spelt kathi roll; Bengali: কাঠি রোল) is a street-food dish originating from Kolkata, West Bengal. In its original form, it is a skewer-roasted kebab wrapped in a paratha bread, although over the years many variants have evolved all of which now go under the generic name of kati roll. I usually serve these kathi rolls with my crack sauce but this time I decided to whip up a zesty In my opinion the paratha holds up a lot better and sturdier to the sauciness of the chicken and chutney. You can have Chicken kathi roll using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken kathi roll
- It’s of For paratha.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour or maida.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s As needed of water.
- You need of For filling.
- It’s 500 gm of Chicken (boneless thigh cut into small pieces).
- You need 1 cup of hung yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of tandoori chicken masala.
- It’s 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- Prepare of For assembling.
- You need 1 of large onion finely sliced.
- Prepare 2 of green chilies finely chopped.
- You need 1 of bell pepper finely chopped lengthwise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chat masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of charcoal.
A kathi roll is one of the most popular things to eat on the streets of Kolkata. Boneless chicken pieces sautéed with ginger garlic, cumin, onion and chillies – stuffed into a refined flour roti slathered with. A Chicken Kathi Roll is the most renowned street food available in the street side stalls in Kolkata. A brilliant street side snack to grab in a hurry.
Chicken kathi roll step by step
- First make a dough for paratha. For this in a large bowl put flour,salt,sugar,oil mix it well then slowly add water & knead a very soft dough set it for 20 minutes. Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking tray..
- In a meanwhile marinate the chicken with yogurt,ginger garlic paste and other spices that mentioned above. Now make a whole at the center of the bowl put hot charcoal at the center then pour some oil over it then immediately..
- Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking and put it in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at highest temperature or you can simply roast it on the gas stove..
- Now from the dough take a small portion of the dough then make a laccha paratha out of this(i.e firstmake a plain paratha then sprinkle with some oil and flour over it then with a knife cut at one side then starts folding then it becomes a cone then press it with hand).
- Now assemble everything,first take a paratha put few chicken pieces followed by some onions, green chilies and other sauces chaat masala,lemon juice that mentioned above then roll it and cover half of the roll with butter paper & it’s done.. enjoy😊.
It's marinated & sauteed boneless chicken stuffed inside. Chicken Kathi roll or chicken frankie is another famous street food item from India that is just loved by everyone. You would find the Chicken Kathi roll – chicken frankie – chicken wrap joints almost in. Now start making the kathi rolls. Roll the roti tightly over the stuffing.