Marmite chicken. How to cook Marmite chicken Chinese style. This Malaysian Marmite chicken recipe 妈蜜鸡 is popular among the Chinese restaurant and the roadside stir-fry joints (大炒档) in Malaysia. Although I've tried Marmite dishes before at the zhi char stall but prior to this, I seriously wasn't quite sure of what's Marmite at all.
Marinating chicken in a mixture of Marmite, honey, vinegar, and olive oil makes for a delicious roast dinner, especially atop lemony crispy Glazed Marmite & Honey Chicken With Lemony Potatoes. Return pre-fried chicken to the wok and toss until well coated with the sauce. Homestyle marmite chicken involves deep-frying large pieces of chicken and then coating them with a very thick, sticky and sweet Marmite sauce. You can have Marmite chicken using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Marmite chicken
- You need 2 of Chicken Legs & thighs with skin on.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of marmite.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- You need Half of cup of water.
- It’s of Curry leaves (I deep fried mine too).
- Prepare of Corn flour.
Mix well all over chicken pieces. Heat oil, add in chicken pieces to brown. When it is browned on one side, flip to the other side to brown. Marinade chicken pieces with ingredients (A) for at least one hour.
Marmite chicken step by step
- Coat chicken with corn flour and deep fry at high heat till slightly crispy..
- Dissolve marmite, sugar and water in pan. Add in fried chicken and curry leaves. You may add in more sugar to taste as some may find marmite to be very salty.
- Simmer sauce down till chicken is coated evenly and slightly sticky. Serve with rice!.
Deep fry chicken pieces until Note: Marmite is a brand of yeast extract. Do not add more than required as it has a strong flavour. These marmite chicken wings have a sticky, beautiful glaze with a deep marmite flavour. Marmite chicken pops is an incredible dish that has a sweet and slightly sour-ish kind of flavor in each bite. First wash, rinse and drain well the chicken.