Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich. Basil-Tomato Grilled Cheese Recipe photo by Taste of Home. An excellent way to use fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. I used ciabatta bread, which made them pretty tall, so I would recommend a panini press or George Foreman grill if you have one to keep the ingredients together.
Now I don't have a TV, nor do I listen to the radio, but I am on the internet ALL. This grilled cheese with tomato is one of the best grilled cheese recipes out there, featuring roasted tomatoes, tomato mayo, basil, and melty mozzarella. Keep reading for how this best grilled cheese sandwich (aka grilled cheese with tomato and basil), was inspired by not knowing anything. You can cook Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich
- You need 4 slices of sandwich bread (any I used brown bread).
- You need 1 of ripe large tomato.
- Prepare 1 sprig of fresh basil.
- It’s 1 of little bit of cheddar and cream cheese.
- You need To taste of pepper & salt.
- You need of Some jalapenos (optional).
- It’s 1 tbsp of softened Butter.
Classic grilled cheese sandwiches with a kick. These are great with a bowl of tomato soup with a little basil added. Grilled cheese with fresh tomato always seems like a really satisfying sandwich — until you sit down and eat one, that is. The problem is that melty cheese and wet tomatoes make for a very unstable sandwich.
Tomato and basil grilled cheese sandwich instructions
- First of all slice your tomatoes and put them aside.
- When done, apply butter on both sides of the breads and once done flip the sides from which the buttered side is facing down this is called "buttered side down".
- Then add on your cheeses, tomatoes, basil, jalapenos, salt and pepper at the end. Close your sandwich with the other bread slice with buttered side up and grill it on grill pan until cheese melts(turning the sides continuously).
- Finally take the sanwiches of grill pan, place on plate, cut triangles and serve!!!.
By making an open-faced grilled cheese and adding fresh tomatoes that have been. These sandwiches were cooked on a grill, but a skillet would work just as well. Choose your favorite kind of cheese. We prefer a variety that melts easily, such as Gouda or Swiss, but cheddar Arrange tomato slices over cheese, cutting slices in half to fit if necessary. Grilled sandwiches are a must when the weather dips below freezing, and you know that there is nothing more comforting and satisfying than a vegan grilled tomato basil cheese sandwich to make the harshness of winter a little softer.