Dutch baby. A Dutch baby pancake, sometimes called a German pancake, a Bismarck, or a Dutch puff, is a large American popover. A Dutch baby pancake is similar to a large Yorkshire pudding. Compared to a typical pancake, a Dutch baby is always baked in the oven.
Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. Made with a batter of flour, eggs, sugar, butter, milk, cooked in the oven. Dutch Baby, also known as German pancake. You can cook Dutch baby using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dutch baby
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2/3 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of butter.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of powder sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of fresh fruit I used blueberries.
This Dutch Baby Pancake recipe is a great way to change up your weekend brunch menu. Just mix together the batter, pour it all into one pan, and bake! The Dutch baby will puff up in the center and the edges will be dark and crispy. Serve warm with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Dutch baby step by step
- Reheat oven for 425 f.
- Over medium heat put 4 tablespoon of butter in skillet to melt and get hot.
- Mix all ingredients using mixer to have a fluffy batter with air bubbles.
- Pour it in the hot skillet add the fruit and move it to the hot oven and cook for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkled with powdered sugar and serve hot.
The best Dutch Baby pancake recipe made in a cast-iron skillet. One Dutch baby is big enough for four servings, so everyone at breakfast can have a plate of piping fresh, hot pancake at the same time. Top it with a squeeze of lemon for tartness, berries and. Learn how to make a delicious Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe. A classic weekend treat that everyone will Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe.