Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza.
You can cook Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza
- You need 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- You need of oil.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 6 of pita or small, round Middle Eastern flatbreads.
- You need of BBQ Sauce.
- Prepare bag of shredded mozarella (You won't need all of it.).
- You need 1/2 of red onion, peeled and cut into very thin strips, vertically.
- You need of roughly 20 stems cilantro, chopped (I use stems and all.).
Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- Preheat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large pan to high, add chicken to the pan in a single layer. Let it cook undisturbed for 3 or 4 minutes on one side. Then add salt and onion powder, redistribute chicken, ensuring that the uncooked side of each piece is touching the cooking surface, then cook another 4 or 5 minutes until all chicken is opaque and cooked through..
- Add 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce and mix to incorporate. Turn off heat, let chicken cool, and preheat oven to 435F..
- Toss chopped cilantro and red onions with oil. (About 1 Tablespoon per each.) This will give your cilantro and red onions more of a roasted flavor than if you didn't toss them in oil..
- Lightly brush each pita/flatbread with oil and place them on a baking sheet or sheet pan..
- Spread 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce on each pita/flatbread evenly..
- Top with mozzarella..
- Followed by the chicken divided in 6 equal portions. (I know there are only 5 here, but the Hubs had eaten one for breakfast. :P).
- Then top with onions. (As you can see, I LOVE onions. :D).
- Then cilantro. (As you can see, I also LOVE cilantro.).
- Then an optional additional sprinkling of mozzarella to hold the toppings in place once the cheese melts..
- Bake for 15 minutes, switching racks halfway to make sure each pan gets the same type and intensity of heat exposure. That's it! Enjoy. :).