Grilled cheese dogs. Whip up this Grilled Hot Dog-Cheese Sandwich recipe. If you love mustard-y, relish-topped hot dogs and grilled cheese sandwiches, you'll love Grilled Hot Dog Cheese Sandwiches. Butter the outside of the hot dog buns.
Butter one side of the bread slices, then flip and spread two slices with mustard and the other two. Bacon Chili Dogs are the pinnacle of human achievement. We start off by a making a bacon-based chili that is then put atop grilled hot dogs creating the ultimate chili dog. You can cook Grilled cheese dogs using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Grilled cheese dogs
- Prepare of hot dog buns.
- You need 4 of hot dogs cut in half.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 3 c of cheddar cheese.
Sliced fried hot dogs, chili, and melty American cheese. This'll take you right back to the ballpark. Sliced fried hot dogs, chili, and melty American cheese. Add cheese to your hot dog and press it into a grilled cheese sandwich for a whole new take on the ballpark wiener.
Grilled cheese dogs step by step
- Flatten hot dog buns with a rolling pin. In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic powder, and onion powder. Spread all over bottom side of buns..
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sear hot dogs (working in batches if necessary) until charred, 2 minutes per side. Set aside..
- Place bun buttered side down in skillet and top with 1/2 cup cheddar. Top with a hot dog and sprinkle with a little more cheddar and green onions..
- Cover with a lid and let cheese melt, then use a spatula to close the bun..
- Repeat with remaining buns and dogs..
Like every American girl, I love hot dogs. What I don't love, though, are the buns. Grill hot dogs until well browned. Lightly grill hot dog buns on both sides. To assemble cheese dogs, spread warm cream cheese on toasted hot dog bun, add hot dog or sausage, top with onions.