Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes.
You can have Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes
- Prepare 1 lb of gnocchi.
- You need 9 oz of (about 3 links) cooked chicken sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick coins.
- It’s 1 pints of cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise.
- It’s 1 of to 2 ounces fresh basil, julienned (1/2 to 1 cup loosely packed).
- You need 1 of Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Gnocchi Skillet with Chicken Sausage & Tomatoes instructions
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling; cook the gnocchi for 2 minutes or according to package directions. Drain and toss with a drizzle of olive oil..
- Heat a 10-inch or larger cast iron skillet over medium heat with a light drizzle of olive oil. Add the sausage and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until it begins to brown. Push the sausage into a pile at the edge of the skillet and turn the heat up to high..
- When the skillet is quite hot, add the tomatoes, skin down, crowding them in if necessary. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until they are blistered, then stir in with the sausage. Cook for 2 more minutes, until both tomatoes and sausage are slightly browned. Stir in gnocchi and cook just until all is combined, but the tomatoes have not broken down into sauce..
- Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the basil. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately..
- Recipe Notes •Any cooked chicken sausage is good in this dish, although I do prefer one with a little extra flavor added, like red peppers or garlic. •I specify a cast iron skillet because I think it gives the best color and sear to the tomatoes and sausage. However, any deep skillet or sauté pan should work as well, provided it doesn't have a nonstick coating, which will interfere with browning..