"Light As Air" Gnocchi.
You can have "Light As Air" Gnocchi using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Light As Air" Gnocchi
- You need 2 1/2 cup of ricotta.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated parmigianino cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of flour (reserve 2 tbsp for dusting).
- Prepare 1 of egg, beaten.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of your favorite tomato sauce.
"Light As Air" Gnocchi instructions
- Place all ingredients together in a bowl and mix with a large spoon until everything is well incorporated. Lightly dust your work surface and hands with flour. Turn about 1/4 of the ricotta mixture out on to the foured surface and begin to roll it back and forth until it forms the shape of a long snake that is about as thick as your pointer finger. Set aside on your floured surface and repeat this until you have used all the mixture..
- Using the side of a fork, cut each snake into 1/2 inch pieces. Place the individual pieces on a cookie tray, being careful not to have them touch..
- Fill a large pasta pot with water and bring it to a boil. Place a few gnocchi on a long handled spoon and carefully place them in the water. Gently stir once, and when the gnocchi float to the top of the water, they're done! This should take approx 2-3 minutes..
- Serve gnocchi in a bowl covered in your favorite tomato sauce..