spinach and ricotta gnocchi. Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Roll each gnocchi in the flour again to fully coat it (do not shake off excess flour); this helps keep them intact during cooking. Check out our super vibrant recipe for veggie gnocchi.
Scratch off making homemade pasta from your bucket list with this super simple Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi (plus a review of Donna Hay's new book Fresh and Light). This spinach ricotta gnocchi recipe has no flour and consists of mainly spinach and ricotta cheese. It is an easy low carb recipe to make and takes little effort too. You can have spinach and ricotta gnocchi using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of spinach and ricotta gnocchi
- Prepare 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 clove of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 2 can of tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of basil, leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 of salt & pepper.
- It’s 1 of GNOCCHI.
- Prepare 1/2 bunch of english spinach.
- It’s 200 grams of low-fat ricotta.
- You need 1 of egg, lightly beaten.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- You need 1 of salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese to serve.
This dish is also known as naked ravioli because the gnocchi are essentially mounds of ravioli filling. It's important to squeeze the spinach. Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Charlotte March. Star chef Marc Vetri makes his terrific, tender spinach gnocchi with brown butter and three types of cheese.
spinach and ricotta gnocchi instructions
- To make gnocchi, finely shred the spinach leaves and place in a large mixing bowl with the ricotta.mix well to combine..
- add egg and flour and mix well..
- season to taste with salt and pepper..
- roll tsps of mixture into balls and flatten slightly with back of a fork..
- lay gnocchi on a clean tray, cover and refrigerate for 30mins.
- meanwhile, heat oil in frypan, cook onion and garlic for 5 mins, add tomatoes, basil and 1/2 cup water and simmer for 5 mins till sauce thickens..
- bring saucepan of water to boil, cook gnocchi in batches for 1 min or until rises to the top..
They're more intensely flavorful than the traditional ricotta kind. Different varieties of spinach will yield different quantities of puree. This recipe was tested using fresh curly spinach from the. Try this Spinach And Ricotta Gnocchi recipe, or contribute your own. Put the spinach in a large pot over medium heat with just the water that clings to the leaves.