Italian Chicken & Dumplings.
You can cook Italian Chicken & Dumplings using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Italian Chicken & Dumplings
- It’s 6 cup of water.
- It’s 12 oz of evaporated milk.
- It’s 6 of chicken bouillon cubes.
- It’s 2 can of chicken breast.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onions (optional).
- You need 4 oz of frozen spinach.
- It’s 16 oz of mini potato gnocchi.
- It’s 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 of shredded parmesan cheese (to taste).
Italian Chicken & Dumplings instructions
- Put water, evaporated milk, bouillon cubes, chicken, and onions (if using) into a large pot. (I've found no discernible flavor difference between with and without onions. If you like them, use them.).
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover pot and simmer over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach and return to a boil. (The smallest size I've found frozen is 8 oz. I just stir the frozen spinach around in the hot liquid until there's as much as I want in there. Then I dip the rest of the frozen lump out, pat it dry, and put it in a freezer bag and refreeze for next time).
- After it's boiling again, add gnocchi and continue to cook over medium high heat about 12 minutes.
- Add both cans of soup and pepper and simmer over low heat until thickened our about 15 minutes.
- For a little extra goodness stir in some shredded parmesan after the last step, and you can also garnish with some. Mmmm…cheesy goodness…..