Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi.
You can have Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi
- You need 1 1/4 cups of cold mashed potato.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of semolina.
- You need 1 cup of frozen leaf spinach, defrosted, squeezed and chopped.
- Prepare of hundred and 15 g ricotta cheese.
- Prepare 25 g of grated Parmesan cheese 2 tablespoons beaten egg.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of large pinch of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare to taste of black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of fresh basil sprigs to garnish.
- Prepare of For the Butter.
- You need 75 g of butter 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh basil.
Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi instructions
- Place all the gnocchi ingredients except for the basil in a bowl and mix well.
- Take small pieces of the mixture about the size of a walnut, a rolled each one back and forth a few times along the prongs of a fork until ridged.
- Repeat until you have about 30 gnocchi and then lay on a tray lined with clear film.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, reduce the heat slightly then drop the gnocchi into the simmering water..
- There was sent to the bottom at 1st, but as they cook they will rise to the surface – that would take about 2 minutes, then simmer gently for about another minute.
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and transferred to a lightly greased and warmed ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with a little Parmesan cheese and grill under a high heat for about 2 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a pan and stir in the lemon rind and juice, basil and seasoning.
- Pour a quarter of the hot butter over each portion of the lucky and garnish with fresh basil.
- Serve hot.