Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi. Much like today's post Gnocchi with Tomato and Nduja. I love gnocchi they are so soft and light and scream comfort food especially when drenched in a luscious tomato and sausage sauce. Nduja is a delicious, spicy, spreadable salami from Calabria, Italy.
Do not crowd the pan; you may need to cook the gnocchi in batches. The sauce should reduce to a thickened consistency. Add basil to sauce and stir. You can cook Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi using 16 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi
- It’s of Potato Gnocchi.
- It’s 800 g of Potato (floury kind).
- It’s 150-200 g of flour.
- It’s 1 of egg (whisked with a fork).
- You need of Tomato Sauce.
- You need 75 ml of olive oil.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves(pressed back of knife).
- Prepare 2 of shallots (sliced).
- You need 400 g of Tinned Tomato.
- You need of King Prawns (15-20 de-shelled, de-veined, retain heads & shells).
- It’s 5-6 leaves of Basil.
- You need of Nduja 1-2 tsp (to taste).
- Prepare 125 ml of white wine.
- You need of Anchovy 2-3 fillets.
- You need of Parsley (chopped).
- You need of Salt.
Season prawns to taste with sea salt and pepper and deglaze with remaining Verjuice. Gnocchi are basically small little dumplings. Translated, gnocchi means "lumps" in Italian – which makes complete sense if you think about it. Gnocchi can be homemade, store-bought, and come in a variety of flavors from sweet potato to butternut squash, cauliflower, to gluten-free.
Prawn, Nduja and tomato gnocchi instructions
- Ingredients – Homemade gnocchi is of course optional and could be substituted with store brought..
- De-shell prawns and remove the veins keeping all shells and heads, placing raw prawns into the fridge for later..
- In a small sauce pan add olive oil and when sizzling cook the reserved heads and shells for 5 minutes add 200 ml of water to the pan and ensure you scrape any of the bits stuck to the bottom of the pan (fond). Using a fine mesh sieve and a potato masher extract juices into a jug and set aside for later.
- To make the potato gnocchi cook whole potatoes (skin on) in a large pan of salted water for 25-30 minutes or until tender..
- Drain and leave until cool enough to handle then remove skins from the potatoes..
- Mash the potatoes using a ricer (or a sieve and the back of a kitchen spoon) into a bowl adding the egg and 150g of the flour gently to form a soft dough (you may need to add the rest if too loose).
- On a floured work surface, cut the gnocchi dough into 4-6 pieces and roll into long sausage shapes about 2 cm in diameter. Cut each sausage into 3 cm lengths and roll each piece against the back of a fork. Set aside..
- To make the tomato sauce add oil, anchovy, reserved prawn stock and garlic to a small saucepan on a low heat for about 5 minutes. Increase the flame to medium and add the sliced shallots for another 5 minutes..
- Add a dash of salt, tinned tomatoes and white wine and boil for 2-3 minutes before turning heat down to a simmer for 20 minutes or until thickens. At this stage you will need to have a large pan of salted water on the boil to cook the gnocchi when sauce is ready..
- Once you are happy with the consistency of the sauce add the basil leaves and a teaspoon of Nduja. Check the balance of the flavour and add more depending on preference being careful not to overpower the prawn flavour..
- In a large frying pan fry prawns in olive oil adding a touch of salt and cook until pink. Set aside..
- Cook gnocchi until the float to the surface and leave for another 20 seconds. Drain and then add to the tomato sauce..
- To complete the dish serve gnocchi in a warm bowl, sprinkle chopped parsley and place prawns on top..
Gnocchi (Italian potato dumplings) with aubergine and 'nduja salami. There are a variety of ways to enjoy this spicy, spreadable Italian pork salami. Use it to dress up with gnocchi and seafood, or have it dressed down. Learn how to make homemade gnocchi from scratch. These potato gnocchi are light, soft and airy exactly as they should be.