Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi.
You can have Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi
- Prepare 4 of potatoes.
- It’s 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 500 g of Butternut cubes.
- You need 1 Cup of Bacon bits.
- Prepare to taste of Blue cheese.
- It’s 100 g of butter.
- Prepare Handful of fresh sage leaves.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Fresh Parmesan.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
Butternut, Bacon, Blue Cheese and Browned Butter Gnocchi step by step
- Cut potatoes into quarters and boil in salted water until soft. Drain liquid and mash well to get rid of any lumps. Allow to cool slightly.
- In a mixing bowl add the mashed potatoes, an egg and 1 cup of flour. Using your hands, mix well to form a sticky dough. Add the rest of the flour, two tablespoons at a time and continue to mix until you get a soft, pliable dough that isn’t sticky. (You may not need the whole second cup of flour or you might need a bit more, depending on the size of your potatoes.).
- Clingwrap dough and refrigerate until needed..
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Place butternut in a roasting tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with sea salt and roast for 30-40 minutes..
- Cut butter into small cubes (all the same size so they melt at the same speed). Place in saucepan and gently melt over low heat. Butter will start bubbling fast and then start to brown and smell deliciously nutty. Give the pot a few swirls until the butter is browned nicely and remove from heat and pour into small jug. (NB you NEED to remove the butter from the pan as it will continue to cook and can VERY easily burn)..
- Add sage leaves to jug and set aside. Sage leaves can be removed after about 5 minutes and left on a paper towel to drain excess butter..
- Fry off bacon bits until crispy. Drain excess fat on paper towel..
- On a floured surface, divide gnocchi dough into 4 portions and roll each portion out to form a long, thin cylinder of about 1.5cm in thickness. Cut each cylinder into pieces of about 2cm in length..
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add gnocchi and cook until the gnocchi starts to float. Strain and set aside..
- To serve: Divide gnocchi and butternut pieces between four bowls. Sprinkle over the bacon bits and drizzle gnocchi with browned butter. Break blue cheese into small pieces and add to bowls. Season with a bit of salt and freshly ground pepper and top with freshly grated parmesan. Add a few crispy sage leaves. ENJOY (preferably with a glass of 🍷).