Gnocchi with Roasted Red Pepper and Chorizo Sauce.
You can cook Gnocchi with Roasted Red Pepper and Chorizo Sauce using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gnocchi with Roasted Red Pepper and Chorizo Sauce
- It’s 2 of Red Peppers.
- Prepare 150 g of Cherry Tomatoes.
- You need 200 g of Chorizo.
- Prepare 250 ml of Fresh Cream.
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 of Red Chilli.
- You need 2 Teaspoons of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare of Olive Oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- You need of Pepper.
- Prepare 500 g of Gnocchi.
Gnocchi with Roasted Red Pepper and Chorizo Sauce step by step
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius..
- Cut red peppers and remove seeds. Place in roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and season..
- Put cherry tomatoes and garlic cloves in another roasting dish, season and drizzle with olive oil..
- Place roasting dishes into preheated oven and roast for about 30 min, until vegetables are blistered and slightly charred..
- Meanwhile, slice chorizo and place in frying pan with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook on very low heat..
- Chop up red chilli and add to pan, keeping heat nice and low. (This chilli was still frozen – I usually buy way more chillies than I need so I put them in a zip loc baggie and toss them into the deep freeze. No more wasting lovely chillies 👏🏼🌶).
- Next, add the beautifully roasted tomatoes to the pan and allow to simmer a bit on low heat while you make the red pepper puree..
- For the red pepper puree: pop garlic cloves out of their peels. Add garlic, cream and roasted red peppers (with alllll the juices from the roasting dishes) into a jug and blitz with a stick blender until deliciously smooth and creamy. 🤤.
- Add the puree to the pan, and add smoked paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper (and more smoked paprika!). I love this paprika from Woolies 😍.
- Next, add finely chopped parsley and some fresh lemon juice..
- For the gnocchi, bring a pot of salted water (it should taste like the ocean 🌊) to a rapid boil. Add gnocchi in batches. Cook the gnocchi until they start to float, remove from pot and transfer to sauce..
- After all the gnocchi have been cooked and added to the sauce, add half a cup of the starchy pasta water to the sauce. This helps the sauce cling to the pasta and makes all the difference!.
- Serve gnocchi with lots of freshly grated parmesan. Season with fresh black pepper and a dash of smoked salt. 🤤.