You can have Homemade Gnocchi using 6 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Gnocchi
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 500 g of potatoes.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 35 g of butter.
- Prepare 57 g of grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Homemade Gnocchi step by step
- Place potatoes in a pot and completely cover with cold salted water, stopping when the water is 1 inch in above the potatoes..
- Bring to a boil and simmer until tender (or when a knife entres easily), about 50 minutes..
- Let cool until they can be handled..
- Peel and put them through a ricer or food processor.
- Combine hot peeled potatoes with flour, egg and salt..
- Turn dough out onto a floured cutting board and cut into 3 portions..
- Gently roll each portion into a long log about 3/4 inch thick..
- Cut each log into 3/4-inch pieces with a floured knife..
- Press a piece of dough against tines of a floured fork or Gnocchi board, and push with a floured thumb in a forward motion toward end of tines, letting gnocchi fall from fork onto a floured kitchen towel..
- Repeat with remaining pieces of dough..
- The gnocchi should be cooked in salted water, well drained, then dressed with a generous helping of butter and Parmesan cheese..
- Add (to taste) tomato sauce or even better still, fresh cherry tomatoes browned in butter..
- PS: Hand-made potato gnocchi cook very quickly: they should be boiled in salted water and removed just as soon as they rise to the top of the pot..