Firm and Tender Potato Gnocchi with Cream Sauce.
You can have Firm and Tender Potato Gnocchi with Cream Sauce using 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Firm and Tender Potato Gnocchi with Cream Sauce
- You need 3 of Potatoes.
- You need 80 grams of Strong flour (or plain flour).
- Prepare 1 of ● Egg yolk (if you use 4 potatoes use a whole egg).
- It’s 1 dash of ● Nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ● Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of ● Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of [Cream Sauce].
- Prepare 4 tbsp of ◎ Double cream.
- You need 100 ml of ◎ Milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ◎ Grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need 1 dash of ◎ Nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 slice of ◎ Sliced cheese.
- You need 1 of ◎ Salt and coarsely ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Finely chopped parsley.
Firm and Tender Potato Gnocchi with Cream Sauce step by step
- Clean the potatoes and cook or microwave with the skin on. Cook until they're tender when you check them with a toothpick. Remove the skin and mash until smooth..
- Pass the potatoes through a sieve. If you like a rough texture you don't need to do this. After allowing to cool, add ● ingredients and stir in the strong flour little by little..
- Knead the dough until it's about the same consistency as your earlobes. Roll the dough into a 2 cm thick long sausage shape on the floured surface. Cut into 1 cm pieces and sprinkle with some flour..
- Press the back of a fork onto a piece to indent it. Cook the gnocchi in plenty of boiling salted water. When they bob up to the surface, continue to cook for about another minute..
- Once they are cooked, drain and place into iced water to cool. Drain in a colander..
- Place ◎ ingredients in a frying pan and turn the heat on. Stir with a wooden spatula and melt the cheese. Add the gnocchi..
- Check the seasoning and add more grated parmesan cheese if necessary. Mix in the chopped parsley and transfer onto a serving dish. Sprinkle with coarsely ground black pepper..
- If you want to freeze the gnocchi, flour them and place them in a container without overlapping them. When they are frozen, they will stick to each other. Use a spoon to separate them..
- Add some egg to make a carbonara style sauce. Use the same amount of cheese and milk. Add some eggs at the end and use more grated parmesan cheese..
- I like gnocchi with tomato sauce..
- You can make gnocchi with sweet potatoes, too..