Potato Gnocchi. Gnocchi's plump, pillowy texture and mild, delicate flavor make them perfect for rich, hearty sauces like Pan-Seard Gnocchi with Potato Gnocchi Recipe. Add the potatoes to a large pot of cool salted water. Potato Gnocchi with Butter and Cheese.
Potato gnocchi are apparently easy to make, but they hide a series of small pitfalls that can What are the secrets to make potato gnocchi that do not lose shape when cooked, that maintain a smooth. My parents took their first trip to Europe a couple of years ago, spending a week in the Tuscany region of Italy. Homemade potato gnocchi is surprisingly easy to make and the dough is a dream to work with. You can cook Potato Gnocchi using 4 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Potato Gnocchi
- You need 300 grams of Potatoes.
- You need 95 grams of Plain flour.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1/4 of heaping teaspoon Salt.
Unlike pasta, there's no resting or labored rolling involved. Potato gnocchi are a fun and delicious dinner, and easier to make than you probably think with this recipe. Gnocchi recipes aren't for the faint of heart. Gnocchi-making takes practice, patience, and persistence.
Potato Gnocchi instructions
- Peel the potatoes and place in a heat proof dish. Cover and microwave for 3-4 minutes. Mash while they're hot. Mix with the flour, egg and salt..
- The amount of flour you will need will depend on the potatoes. Start by adding about 80 g first. If you add too much, the resulting gnocchi will be stiff..
- Mix gently until the dough is about the same consistency as your earlobes. Do not overwork at this point, otherwise the gnocchi will be tough later..
- Form the dough into a ball and divide it in half on a floured (not listed in the ingredients) surface..
- Roll the divided dough into two long sausage shapes and cut them in half. Cut the dough into bite-sized pieces..
- Place a piece of dough onto the back of a fork. Press the piece with your index finger to indent the gnocchi (see the photo). This allows the sauce to stick to it better..
- Cook the gnocchi in plenty of boiling salted water. Once the gnocchi floats up to the surface it is ready (just like making shirotama dumplings)..
- Remove the gnocchi from the boiling water and drain in a colander. Toss in a sauce you like and serve..
- An example of a sauce: Place 200 ml of double cream and 50-100 g of Gorgonzola cheese in a frying pan and melt. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add some white wine to your taste and some gnocchi. Mix all together and transfer onto a serving dish. Grind black pepper on top..
At their best, potato gnocchi can be light and delicate. Wash the potatoes, prick them with a fork and place them on a sheet pan. Place the finished gnocchi on a lightly floured sheet pan. Cook them as soon as possible in boiling salted water. My Italian mother remembers her mother making these dumplings for special occasions.