Chorizo n Egg Quesadillas. Chorizo, egg & cheese breakfast quesadilla. Our quesadilla recipe is packed full of melted cheese, spicy chorizo and delicious spring onion. Place one tortilla in quesadilla maker (or large frying pan on medium high heat).
Lay the tortillas on a work surface. This Soy Chorizo Quesadilla pairs perfectly with a side of Restaurant Style Mexican Rice and Dipping this quesadilla into that salsa is like a fiesta of flavors in your mouth! How to make a Soy Slow Cooker Mexican Egg Casserole – feeding a crowd for brunch? You can cook Chorizo n Egg Quesadillas using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chorizo n Egg Quesadillas
- Prepare 1 stick of chorizo sausage.
- You need 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 8 of flour tortillas.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh cilantro.
- It’s of Sour cream and hot sauce (for dipping).
These egg quesadillas are so easy to make, full of protein and plain delicious any time of day. —Barbara Blommer, Woodland Park, Colorado. Cheesy Egg Quesadillas Recipe photo by Taste of Home. Pour the egg mixture over the chorizo in the skillet. This is a family favorite, a treasured recipe that has been passed down through the generations, straight from Maria's Cocina.
Chorizo n Egg Quesadillas step by step
- Add chorizo to pan on medium heat. Use a spatula to work it as it cooks so it resembles ground beef. It comes in tube form but is very easy to work with. It's not as dense as standard sausages. Cook that for approx. 5 minutes (it cooks fast).
- Push the clocked chorizo to one side of the pan. Crack the 3 eggs into the open side of the pan. Begin scrambling them in the pan for a minute then begin to stir them into the sausage. Continue blending till none of the egg is runny. Again, it cooks fast so it'll probably only take a couple minutes. Remove mixture to a bowl..
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Take a tortilla, add a thin layer of shredded cheese, sprinkle some fresh cilantro on the cheese, add a layer of chorizo/egg and another layer of cheese. Leave about 1/2 inch space between ingredients and the edge of the tortilla. Put that directly in pan, tortilla side down, on low heat. Top with another tortilla. Cook for a few minutes while moving it around in the pan for an even cook. Flip. Repeat. Continue that process till all ingredients are used. Cut in half or quarters. 1 stick of sausage and 3 eggs gave me 4 quesadillas..
- A dipping sauce is a good idea. I just mixed about 3 parts sour cream and 1 part hot sauce in a separate bowl. You can even throw a bit of the cilantro in that too. I always get the hot chorizo as opposed to the mild because cooking it with the egg cuts down a lot of the heat. Hence the hot sauce. Enjoy!.
Egg Cookery Eggs & Baking Tips & Tricks FAQs. COAT with cooking spray; HEAT over medium-low heat until hot. Bacon & eggs turned into a dippable finger food. quick. delicious. nutricious. bacon. eggs. salsa. cheese. When the chorizo is fully cooked, pour in the eggs and scramble until the eggs are fully mixed and cooked. Add a small amount of oil to coat the bottom of the skillet.