Easy Kabocha Squash Gnocchi with 2 Ingredients.
You can cook Easy Kabocha Squash Gnocchi with 2 Ingredients using 2 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Kabocha Squash Gnocchi with 2 Ingredients
- You need 300 grams of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 100 grams of Cake flour.
Easy Kabocha Squash Gnocchi with 2 Ingredients instructions
- Peel the kabocha squash. Cut into bite-sized pieces and boil until soft. When done, drain them well. Cook over high heat and shake them around until they are fluffy..
- Put the kabocha squash and the cake flour into a food processor and blend until smooth. (Add more cake flour if it's too sticky.).
- Place the kabocha squash dough onto a sheet of plastic wrap. Cover the top with another plastic wrap and roll it out to 2 cm thick. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour..
- Boil plenty of water in a pot. Cut the gnocchi into bite-sizes. Place on a fork and press down with your thumb to shape..
- Put the gnocchi one by one in boiling water, and cook until they float to the top. When done, drain in a colander. (Cook in 2 or 3 batches.).
- Scatter some grated cheese and black pepper to serve. (Also sprinkle with salt if you'd wish.).
- I usually sprinkle the salt to finish, but you can also boil the kabocha squash in salted water instead. Whichever is fine..
- You can freeze to store any leftover gnocchi (either before or after it's cooked). Spread them out on a baking tray to freeze when they've already been cooked..
- This gnocchi is also delicious if you stir-fry any vegetables you have at home and mix in some milk and cheese..
- You can also enjoy these gnocchi as a dumpling soup if you season it with dashi stock, soy sauce, and mirin to cook with tons of veggies..