Dussehra and Diwali Delights: Gluten-Free Rajgira Burfi Shards.
You can cook Dussehra and Diwali Delights: Gluten-Free Rajgira Burfi Shards using 5 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Dussehra and Diwali Delights: Gluten-Free Rajgira Burfi Shards
- It’s 1/2 cup of Rajgira atta/Amaranth flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Powdered jaggery or brown sugar (Use less or more as per sweet tolerance and liking).
- You need 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Melted ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Powdered cardamom seeds.
- You need 10 of Slivered almonds.
Dussehra and Diwali Delights: Gluten-Free Rajgira Burfi Shards step by step
- Dry roast the rajgira/amaranth flour in a heavy bottomed pan till the color changes to a light golden brown. Remove from the flame and set aside..
- Grease a flat plate with ghee and keep aside..
- Roast the sliced almonds in a little ghee (1/2 to 1 teaspoon approximately) and set aside..
- Combine the jaggery (or sugar) and little water in a heavy bottomed pan and place over low flame. (the amount of water should be just enough to soak the jaggery or sugar).
- Make a syrup of half thread consistency..
- Now add the roasted flour and powdered cardamom and mix well..
- Keep stirring continuously. Add the melted ghee little by little while stirring the mixture. (if you find that the mixture is sticking to the pan, add more ghee than mentioned in the recipe).
- When the mixture starts leaving the sides and bottom of the pan, turn off the flame. Pour this mixture immediately on to the greased tray..
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds on top and press gently..
- Let it cool a bit and cut into pieces..
- Let them cool completely. Store in an airtight container..