GF orange raisin scones. Orange raisin scones are delicately flavored to make a perfect tea-time snack! Delicious soft, moist scones with raisins and a hint of citrus. This recipe has been submitted by the Good Food community.
For occasions like birthday brunches or holiday breakfasts, they would make extra special additions to the. Delicious flavor from the orange juice. I forgot to cut mine into triangular pieces before I baked them. You can cook GF orange raisin scones using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of GF orange raisin scones
- Prepare 1 large of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen orange juice concentrate.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of amaranth flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of almond flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of tapioca starch.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tbsp of GF baking powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of xanthan gum.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of cold butter cut into cubes.
- You need 1/3 cup of raisins.
It didn't seem to make any difference Stir lightly, add raisins and mix just until raisins are incorporated. This will be quite sticky, turn out onto well floured surface. Golden, moist and tender with a cakelike texture, these orange-raisin scones are the perfect excuse for a coffee or tea break. Orange Raisin Scones recipe: Try this Orange Raisin Scones recipe, or contribute your own.
GF orange raisin scones step by step
- this is a small batch, makes 6 wedges.
- in a small bowl, mix egg and orange juice concentrate. set aside.
- in another bowl, combine flours and all dry ingredients. use a pastry cutter or knives and cut in butter until resembles small peas..
- add Oj mixture and stir. it will make a thick sticky dough. add raisins..
- spoon onto a greased pan. bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes. then tent with foil and cook for another 7-10 minutes or until golden. cut into wedges and serve.
- this is from the Gluton Free Baking Book by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt p 116.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, orange zest, and salt, whisking well. Using a pastry blender, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Mix in butter with fingertips until the consistency of course meal with a few slightly larger butter lumps. Brush the scones with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar. Preparation Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.