Red Amaranth and Beet Pulav/Biryani:.
You can have Red Amaranth and Beet Pulav/Biryani: using 21 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Red Amaranth and Beet Pulav/Biryani:
- It’s 2 of – Bay leaves (small).
- It’s 2 of -Cloves.
- It’s 8 of -Black pepper.
- It’s 3 cups of – Basmati Rice.
- Prepare 1 big of – Beet root.
- You need 1 of Small bunch -Red Amaranth.
- Prepare 2 of – Onions (sliced).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons+1 teaspoon of – Ghee/oil.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of – Cumin.
- You need 1 tablespoon of -Ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1 cup of – Milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of -Curd.
- It’s 3 slices of – Brown Bread.
- Prepare For of Fresh masala:.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of – Coriander.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of – Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 2 of -Cardamoms.
- You need 1 inch of – Cinnamon.
- You need 1 pinch of – Nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 of – Dried Red chillies.
- You need 1/4 tsp of – Fenugreek seeds.
Red Amaranth and Beet Pulav/Biryani: instructions
- Wash rice and soak for 15 minutes. Wash Beetroot, chop into bite-size pieces.Wash Amaranth greens, chop. -Dry roast fenugreek seeds. When it is slightly brown, add all the other ingredients under masala and fry.Make a powder and keep it..
- Now take one pressure cooker. Add ghee or oil, fry cumin and bay leaves.Add sliced onion, fry until it is brown.Add ginger garlic paste, fry for 2 minutes..
- Add beetroot, chopped greens, fry until green wilts.Next add fresh ground masala powder, drained rice, salt..
- Mix everything and add milk, curd, 4 cups of water and 1 teaspoon of ghee, close the lid. -After one whistle, keep it in a simmer for one/two minutes and switch off the gas..
- Now make small square size pieces of brown bread and deep fry and drain out excess oil. -When pressure releases, add bread croutons and lightly mix everything. serve with any raita or plain curd and pickle..