Amaranth Leaves Stir Fry. Hi guys, In this video i have shown healthy amaranth stir fry. hope u like this video. The Shak/Shaag (any leafy green) Bhaja (Stir fried or deep fried) is a big part of the Bengali/East Indian Cuisine. This amaranth stir-fry is easy to make and beautifully aromatic.
Amaranth Leaves (Mulai Keerai) Stir Fry is a healthy iron, vitamins and minerals packed stir fry. Amaranth leaves stir fry recipe -This is a simple stir fry prepared with amaranth leaves in combination with fresh coconut and served as a side dish to chapati and rice with curry. Basically red amaranth leaves taste bland, so while cooking you make sure that all tastes are fairly balanced in it. You can have Amaranth Leaves Stir Fry using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Amaranth Leaves Stir Fry
- Prepare 3 cups of chopped amaranth leaves.
- It’s 1/4 cup of soaked yellow lentils.
- It’s 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of roasted coriander powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare a few of curry leaves.
- It’s 2 tsp of lemon juice.
Unlike cabbage stir fry or bottle gourd stirfry recipes, I have added tamarind extract and rasam powder to this red amaranth leaves stirfry making it more appetizing. Stir-fried pink amaranth greens. by thewoksofliferecipes. Red Amaranth Leave Stir Fry Recipe. Amaranth Leaves Stir Fry With Toor Dal.
Amaranth Leaves Stir Fry step by step
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds, turmeric powder, curry leaves and yellow lentils and saute for a minute..
- Add amaranth leaves and cook for 5 to 10 minutes stirring occasionally..
- Add salt, chilli powder, coriander and cumin seeds powder and mix and then cook for another two minutes..
- Serve hot with chapatis or rotis..
A dry preparation of "supergreen" amaranth leaves with fried onions and a hint of spices. Chaulai saag – as delicious as it is nutritious. Easy vegetarian recipes, tips for the newbie to Indian cooking, jottings on motley matters culinary. Chaulai Saag: Amaranth Leaves Stir Fry. Amaranth leaves called as Thotakura in telugu or Mulai keerai in tamil is used in different ways in the southindian kitchen.