Green Amaranth Stir Fry.
You can cook Green Amaranth Stir Fry using 9 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Green Amaranth Stir Fry
- You need 1 bunch of green amaranth(300 gms approx).
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of nigella seeds.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of mild roasted poppy seeds.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of roasted peanuts.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of mustard oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Green Amaranth Stir Fry step by step
- Wash amaranth leaves thoroughly 4 to 5 times.Chop the leaves with stems..
- Heat oil in a kadhai, add in nigella seeds and dry red chilli and fry for 30 seconds..
- Now add the chopped amaranth leaves and stems into it.Give a nice stir.Add salt and mix well..
- Add sugar and saute for 5-6 minutes.Add 1/2 cup of water and stir well.Cover and cook for 15 minutes.Keep cooking till all the water evaporates..
- Now add in mild roasted poppy seeds,mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Sprinkle roasted peanut into it and mix..
- Let it cook for another 2-3 minutes on low heat..
- Remove the kadhai from heat and give 2-3 minutes standing time..
- Green Amaranth stir fry is ready to serve..