Thotakura allam karam/Amaranth leaves curry cooked in milk #greenveg. Amaranth contains lot of anti oxidants. Here is my simple curry recipe of Amaranth leaves with ginger. AMARANTH LEAVES CURRY – తోటకూర కర్రి.
Delicious leafy vegetable related to spinach family.cooked amaranth leaves are a good source of vitamin A,Vitamin C. Amaranth leaves fry – Thotakura fry have have fiber and more iron and calcium. Amaranth leaves fry – Thotakura fry are cooked in simple tempering of cumin seeds and green chillies. You can have Thotakura allam karam/Amaranth leaves curry cooked in milk #greenveg using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Thotakura allam karam/Amaranth leaves curry cooked in milk #greenveg
- Prepare of Amaranth leaves: 3 big bunches(from farmers market).
- Prepare of Milk: Small cup(120 ml).
- Prepare of Salt: As required.
- Prepare of Ginger: 2 inch piece.
- It’s of Green chillies: 3 nos.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Oil:.
- It’s of Tempering:.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of Oil:.
- You need 1 tsp of Bengal gram:.
- You need 1 tsp of Black gram:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard seeds:.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin:.
- It’s 1 pinch of Asafoetida:.
- It’s of Red chillies: 2 nos.
I cooked in pressure cooker. if you need you can cook in pan itself, its very easy to follow few step. Thotakura Bangaladumpa Vepudu ~ Amaranth leaves Potato Fry. Thotakura Bangaladumpa, is an Indian food recipe that has its origin in Andhra. One of the best things about Amaranth leaves is its availability through out the year.
Thotakura allam karam/Amaranth leaves curry cooked in milk #greenveg instructions
- Take three big bunches of amaranth leaves. Separate leaves from the stems. Tender stems can also be used. Rinse the amaranth leaves with water for 2/3 times and drain the excess water. Roughly chop the leaves and keep aside..
- Now take two inch ginger piece, peel the skin and chop into tiny pieces. Transfer the chopped amaranth leaves into a vessel add little water and one small cup milk into it. Bring it into boil on medium flame..
- Cook the leaves on low to medium flame for 10 minutes. Meanwhile crush the ginger and green chillies in a small mortar pestle..
- When the amaranth leaves are cooked completely add one tbsp of oil and crushed ginger + green chillies. Mix thoroughly and cook for two minutes. Also add required amount of salt and mix thoroughly..
- Now prepare the tempering using tempering ingredients..
- Now switch off the flame and transfer the amaranth leaves ginger curry into a serving bowl and garnish with the prepared tempering. This enhances the taste and retains the crunchiness of the tempering. The delicious amaranth leaves ginger curry is ready to serve as an accompaniment to steamed rice or can be eaten as salad too..
Thotakura in Telugu or Kuppacheera in Malayalam is scientifically referred to as Amaranthus viridis (green Amaranthus). This is the thota koora recipes green veggie that's customarily consumed as veggie in South India. Whole garam masala, dry fruits cooked in onion-tomato gravy makes this murgh masala very delicious, if you look for some thing different to try or want to I served this Kashmiri chicken with Kashmiri Pulao, Bagara Bhaat, Ajwain Mirch Paratha, Chole with everything this chicken curry taste delicious. You've probably eaten amaranth grain in cereals, but if you've never tried amaranth leaves before, you absolutely must. These are among the most widely cooked greens in Indian kitchens (called chaulai in north India and thotakura in the south) and they are, to understate it, magnificent.