Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest. How to pop amaranth, amaranth is also known as rajgira and ramdana it is the seed of the amranthus plant and is an excellent gluten free option, especially. Amaranth Shortbread Cookies are healthy treats full of pistachios and cashews. Apricots are normally considered self-fruitful, not requiring inter-planting with other cultivars.
I ground the flour at home using raw amaranth grains. ½ cup of amaranth grains yielded about ¾ cup flour. Serve cake with apricots and syrup and whipped cream. Recipe by Melissa Hamilton and Christopher Hirsheimer. You can cook Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest
- It’s 100 gms of Amaranth (Rajgira).
- It’s 50 gms of roasted oats powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 5-6 of chopped cashews.
- It’s 1 cup of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 cups of fresh cream.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 1 tsp of orange zest.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rose essence.
- Prepare 4-5 of chopped apricots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon powder.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Recipes using Rajgira Flour (Amaranth Flour). India is a diverse country with rich cultural heritage. People from different caste and religion celebrate various festivals throughout the year. During some festivals, they observe fast and the rules for fasting differ.
Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest step by step
- Add 100 gms Amaranth to a mixer & blend into a fine powder..
- In a bowl, mix together powdered Amaranth, 50 gms roasted oats powder, 4 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 cup buttermilk & 2 cups fresh cream..
- Then add orange zest, 5-6 chopped cashews, 1/2 tsp rose essence. Mix it well & remove all the lumps..
- In a bowl mix 4-5 chopped apricots with 2 tbsp wheat flour and let it coat nicely. This will prevent the apricot pieces from falling when we cut the cake and the apricots will stick to the cake nicely..
- Now add these apricots to the cake batter, add 1/2 tsp baking soda & 1 tsp baking powder and mix well..
- Take silicon molds of different shapes. Add batter up to 3/4th of the mold as to allow the remaining space for the cake to rise..
- Place the mold in pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for around 20-25 minutes. Once baked remove the cakes from the oven & molds..
- Mix 2 tbsp honey & pinch of cardamom powder. Glaze the cakes with this mixture. Serve..
Amaranth/ Rajgira Recipes. थंडू कीरई पोरियल रेसिपी – Thandu Keerai Poriyal Recipe. Thotakura Pappu Recipe (Toor Dal with Amaranth Leaves) is a very delicious dal recipe that is comforting to. Boost your fruits, smoothies, salads, yogurt and so much more. Vegan – Gluten Free – Non GMO – Good source of protein. No need to cook – Nutty toasty flavor – Amaranth is a complete protein with all essential amminoacids.