You can cook Amaranth Thaalipeeth using 8 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Amaranth Thaalipeeth
- It’s 2 of medium sized potatoes boiled.
- You need 100 gm of amaranth flour (rajgira aata).
- You need 1 teaspoon of sendha salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder.
- You need 3-4 tablespoon of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need 2 of green chillies chopped fine.
- It’s 2-3 tablespoon of soaked sago pearls(sabudaana).
- You need 1/5 tablespoon of ghee.
Amaranth Thaalipeeth step by step
- Place boiled potatoes in a bowl. Deskin and mash them well.
- Discard water and strain the sago pearls.
- Add salt and green chillies.
- Further, add sago pearls, amaranth flour, pepper powder and coriander leaves.
- Mix well and knead gently.
- Heat/melt 1 tablespoon ghee in a flat non stick pan.
- Grease a plastic sheet/parchment paper and your palms.
- Scoop pour palmful of the dough prepared and start flatting in the greased plastic surface using your palm to about 3-4 cms in diameter.
- Spread the ghee all over the pan and place the flattened thaalipeeth one by one.
- After 2-3 minutes of pan fryingon medium heat, make a depression in the center of the thaalipeeths.
- Add a teaspoon of ghee in the depression and continue to pan fry on Low heat.
- Flip and cook till both sides of the thaalipeeths are crisp and brown.
- Serve hot with raitas/coriander-mint chutney.