Rajgira Bar / Chikki.
You can have Rajgira Bar / Chikki using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rajgira Bar / Chikki
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of amaranth (rajgira) seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ghee a pinch of rock salt (sendha namak).
- It’s 1 cup of chopped jaggery (gur).
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cardamom (elaichi) powder.
Rajgira Bar / Chikki instructions
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the rock salt and jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously..
- Add the amaranth, cashews and cardamom powder, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring continuously..
- Immediately pour into a greased 225 mm. (9”) by 125 mm. (5”) aluminium tin and spread it evenly..
- Cut into 10 equal pieces using a sharp knife.(i cut in big shape of square).
- Cool for atleast 30 minutes. Serve or store in an air-tight container. Use as required..