Homemade Multigrain Bhakri with Spiced Dal.
You can have Homemade Multigrain Bhakri with Spiced Dal using 27 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Homemade Multigrain Bhakri with Spiced Dal
- Prepare of Bhakri.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Amaranth/Rajgira flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Whole Wheat /Atta flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Finger millet/ Ragi flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of Soya flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Tapioca/sabudana flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Split Roasted chick pea/ chana sathu flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Jowari flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of Cornmeal.
- Prepare As required of Salt.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Caraway seeds.
- Prepare 1/2-3/4 cup as required of Milk and water mixture.
- It’s of Spiced Dal.
- You need 1/2 cup of Split yellow lentil /Toor dal.
- It’s 1 pinch of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Aesafoetida.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Ghee.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Prepare 10-12 Cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Green chilles chopped.
- It’s To taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Coriander leaves for garnish chopped.
Homemade Multigrain Bhakri with Spiced Dal instructions
- Add all the flours, salt, melted ghee. Crush caraway seeds between your palms and to the flours. Knead a tight dough using the milk and water mixture, adding only little by little as required. Cover and leave for 10 minutes..
- Soak the dal for 10 minutes and pressure cook till 2-3 whistles..
- Heat ghee in a pan to prepare spiced dal. Add chopped chillies, garlic and cumin seeds. Add dal and fry. Add all the seasonings and fry again. Add rest of the dal and mix well. Add water according the consistency you like. Garnish with coriander leaves..
- Take a piece of plastic sheet, grease it lightly. Take a big lemon sized ball of dough. Place it in centre and place other piece of plastic and roll to form a thick circle..
- Heat a skillet or tawa apply some ghee put the bhakri and cook on low flame. This takes 3-5 minutes to cook. Put some pressure with a spatula or pav bhaji masher..
- Once done serve immediately with dal, salad and or chutney.