Kale Chane Ka Saag.
You can have Kale Chane Ka Saag using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kale Chane Ka Saag
- It’s 50 Grams of Black Chickpeas (Kala Chana) -.
- Prepare 4 Bunches of Finely Chopped Spinach (Barik Kati Palak) -.
- It’s 2 Bunches of Finely Chopped Amaranth Leave (Barik Kati Maat) -.
- It’s 1 bunch of Finely Chopped Dill Leaves (Bari Kata Soya Leaves).
- It’s 1 bunch of Finely Chopped Green Coriander (Barik Kata Hara Dhaniya).
- Prepare 1 Table Spoon of Ginger Garlic Paste (Adrak Lasoon Ka Paste) -.
- You need 1 of Finely Sliced Onion (Kati Pyaz) Medium Size.
- You need 5-6 of Slit Green Chilies (Kati Hari Mirch) -.
- Prepare 1 Table Spoon of Red Chilli Powder (Laal Mirch Powder) -.
- Prepare 1 Tea Spoon of Turmeric Powder (Haldi Powder) -.
- Prepare As needed of Oil.
- Prepare to Taste of Salt According.
Kale Chane Ka Saag instructions
- Note: Soak black chickpeas overnight or minimum of 6 hours before cooking.
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan or kadai. Once the oil is hot add finely sliced onion and cook till it becomes light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and cook till the moisture from the paste gets evaporated.
- Now add soaked black chickpeas. Mix and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- At this stage wash and add the finely chopped spinach, amaranth leaves, dill leaves & green coriander. Mix them well. Cover and cook for 2 minutes, by doing this greens will start leaving it moisture which will help in cooking the black chickpeas.
- Now add all dry ingredients like turmeric, red chilli powder and season it with salt according to the taste. Mix all and add ½ cup of water, cook it on low flame till oil gets seperated from them and black chickpeas are completely cooked.
- Finely add the slit green chillies and mix it and cook it for another minute.
- The dish is ready to be served with any Indian bread.