Farhali bake savory karanji. Karanji recipe With step by step photos – Karanji is a Maharashtrian sweet savory snack often made for festive occasions like Diwali and Ganesh Chaturthi. Karanji and gujiya are two Indian sweets which have a similar look and appearance. Basically both karanji and gujiya are fried pastries with a.
Maharashtrian Karanji is an Indian sweet made of fried pastry that is stuffed with coconut, cardamon, jaggery and poppy seeds. The combination of sweet and savoury flavours works a treat! If you prefer to bake them rather than fry follow the alternative method at. You can have Farhali bake savory karanji using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Farhali bake savory karanji
- You need 1/2 cup of sago flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of varai Flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of amaranth Flour.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of peanut powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of coconut grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 cup of Desi ghee.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped green chillies.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
Karanjis are fried sweet dumplings made of wheat flour and stuffed with dry or moist coconut delicacies. During Diwali this dish made throughout India but is called by different names. Karanji, also known as Gujiya and Pirikiya. Baked Karanji Recipe – Healthier version of karanji – baked instead of deep-fried – but just as tasty.
Farhali bake savory karanji instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Sieve all flour in a large bowl. Add ghee in the bowl and knead into a stiff dough using 120 ml milk..
- To make stuffing, heat 2 tablespoon ghee in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds chopped green chillies, grated potatoes and saute for 5 minutes,.
- Add coconut, peanut powder, sugar, salt, lemon juice, black pepper.
- Mix it well and covered it.hardly 6-8 minute are sufficient for cooking.Stuffing is ready..
- Divide dough into equal portions shaped into small rounds. Roll out to make small puris. Put a small portion of the prepared stuffing in the centre..
- Apply little milk on the edges, and put into a gujiya maker. Similarly make remaining karanjis..
- Brush baking tray with little ghee and place karanjis on it. Brush them with little ghee and bake in pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Turn the side after 15 minutes..
- Brush karanjis with milk just after you take out from oven bake again for 15 minutes. Your delicious karanjis are now ready to serve. And enjoy fasting.
Known as Karanji in Maharashtra, Kajjikayalu in Andhra and Karchikkai in Karanataka, its a sweet with crispy covering made during Ganesh chaturthi & Diwali. Sweeten your mood and every occasion that you celebrate with my Baked Karanji! Giving you the nutritional benefit you desire when baked, my special recipe. Type: Modified Indian dessert, Sugar-free dessert, Diabetic recipe. Place it in the karanji mould.