Sweet potato gulab jamun. Sweet potato gulab jamun recipe with step by step pics. When I had made these for the first time, the jamun. Sweet potato gulab jamun is popularly known in Bengal.
Vahchef is very fond of cooking and her Recipes are very unique and fit for busy women specially working women Sweet potato gulab jamun is popularly. Similar Recipes, Kala Jamun Khoya Gulab Jamun Bread Jamun Gulab Jamun using milk powder. This sweet potato gulab jamun is an age old recipe and I noted this down from an old recipe book. You can have Sweet potato gulab jamun using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sweet potato gulab jamun
- You need 300 grams of Boiled sweet potatoes (medium size).
- Prepare 200 grams of Milk powder.
- It’s 50 grams of Amaranth (Rajgira) flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cardamom (elaichi) powder.
- It’s As required of Vegetable oil (ghee) for deep frying.
- You need 1 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 cups of Sugar.
- You need 2-3 drops of Rose water.
I have made this many times and it turns out so soft and delicious. For those who cannot eat classic gulab jamun, this vegan gulab jamun will be the best alternate. Sweet Potato Gulab Jamun is a simple, delicious and easy to make sweet for Diwali and other festivals. Peel the outer skin and mash them.
Sweet potato gulab jamun instructions
- Mash boiled sweet potatoes and add milk powder, amaranth (rajgira) flour, salt and soda and mix them properly..
- Once the ingredients are mixed properly, make small balls and deep fry them in the vegetable oil (ghee)..
- For sugar syrup Take water in a pan, add sugar in it and heat it for 10 minutes make sure that the sugar is dissolved properly..
- After the syrup is ready, add rose water and cardamom (elaichi) powder in it..
- Garnish with rose petals and your dessert is ready to be served..
Yesterday she made these delicious Gulab Jamun with Sweet Potatoes! I am learning new dishes from her, going back to my roots The concept of using sweet potatoes to prepare sweet indulgences is very common in Bengali culture. Mom took the same idea and prepared these gulab jamuns, which. Sweet potato jamun recipe with step by step photos. This sweet potato jamun recipe was passed on to me from my friend and the jamuns came out so Sweet potato is called sakkaravalli kilangu in tamil and shakarkandi in hindi.