You can cook Japanese Curry using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Japanese Curry
- Prepare of Whole packet Japanese curry mix.
- It’s 1 of Potato.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- Prepare 5 of Garlic.
- You need of Butter.
- Prepare of Chilli flake.
- Prepare of Curry powder.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Dashi.
- Prepare 1 l of water.
- It’s of Konbu.
- You need of Katsuoboshi.
- Prepare of Shiitake.
- You need of Optional (Kakushi aji).
- Prepare of Tomato paste / ketchup.
- You need of Dark cocoa powder.
Japanese Curry step by step
- Boil water with all dashi ingredients for 15 minutes, set aside.
- Cut potatoes, onion & carrot into bite sized.
- Sear onion with butter, add garlic, then the rest of the vegs.
- After all the onions caramelised and the vegs seared, add the dashi. Boil for 30 minutes.
- After all the ingredients cooked, add the curry mix, curry powder, chili flake, soy sauce and kakushi aji if wanted. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve while hot.