Curry Laksa. Curry Laksa, a tasty and spicy Malaysian coconut based curried noodle soup topped with shredded chicken, shrimps, fried tofu, and bean sprouts. The origins of Curry Laksa is lost in the midst of history. An authentic curry laksa recipe from Malaysia and Singapore, 'laksa lemak' is a typical Nyonya or Peranakan curry noodles dish.
Recipe: Malaysian Curry Laksa (Kari Laksa Nyonya). This was the answer — the rich, spicy laksa with coconut milk, shrimp, and deeply fragrant spice paste. Curry Mee or also known as Curry Laksa (in the Southern part of Malaysia Curry Mee/Curry Laksa is a dish that's full of flavours-slightly creamy soup infused with coconut milk, the spiciness of the chilli. You can cook Curry Laksa using 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Curry Laksa
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of red curry paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of mild curry powder.
- It’s 100 g of sliced chicken thigh.
- Prepare 200 ml of coconut milk (TCC or Ayam).
- It’s 2 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 100 g of potato.
- You need 1/2 cup of zucchini.
- You need 1/2 cup of capsicum.
- Prepare 200 g of peeled prawns.
- It’s 100 g of fish balls.
- It’s 8 of tofu puffs (if using).
- You need 1 tbsp of fish sauce.
- It’s of Sugar (if reqd).
- It’s 400 g of noodles (200g for 2).
- Prepare of Bean shoots, boiled eggs and coriander leaves to serve.
Laksa is a spicy noodle soup popular in the Peranakan cuisine of Southeast Asia. Laksa consists of thick wheat noodles or rice vermicelli with chicken, prawn or fish. This Laksa curry is super flavorful, anti inflammatory and delightful. The paste can be made at home and used whenever you want a bowl of.
Curry Laksa step by step
- Heat the oil in a wok or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for half a minute or until fragrant. Stir through the curry powder. Then add the chicken and stir-fry for a minute or so. Add the coconut milk, chicken stock and potato. Simmer for 5 minutes..
- Now add the zucchini, capsicum, prawns and fish balls, along with the tofu puffs (if using). Simmer for a another few minutes or until the prawns are cooked..
- Stir through fish sauce and sugar and season to taste if more needed. Ladle over noodles and add bean shoots, boiled egg and coriander leaves..
Ladle your laksa over the noodles and top with bean shoots, egg and coriander leaves. This Laksa recipe is just like the laksa you get from real Malaysian laksa joints. You can't just dump Laksa – the iconic Malaysian spicy coconut noodle soup! Curry Laksa (Curry Mee) is a delicious spicy curried noodle soup with a variety of toppings. This is my family's version found mainly in the Klang Valley and its surrounding areas.