Aloo gobi curry. Aloo Gobi Matar Recipe with stepwise photos. This is a lightly spiced delicious curry made with A vegan recipe. Easy and simple to make Aloo Gobi Curry!
Home > Recipes > Curry > Aloo gobi (potato and cauliflower curry). Aloo gobi (spiced potatoes and cauliflower) is one of my favourite Indian dishes. Recipe Index » Curries » Aloo gobi matar curry. You can have Aloo gobi curry using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Aloo gobi curry
- Prepare 1 of whole gobi.
- It’s 3 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 2 of tomatoes.
- It’s 2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 0.25 cup of yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 2 tbsp of coriander leaves.
- Prepare 3 tsp of roasted gram.
- It’s 10 of cashews.
- You need 0.5 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 1 stick of cinnamon.
- You need 5-6 of cardamom seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of jaggery/sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 5 of ginger pieces small.
- You need of Jeera/ cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of coriander powder.
Aloo gobi matar recipe – a Punjabi style dish made from potato, peas and cauliflower with typical onion-tomato gravy. This vegetarian Indian potato and cauliflower curry is a brilliant meal to make on the cheap. Aloo Gobi Curry is an ideal main dish recipe which is made using a melange of spices like bay leaf, asafoetida, cumin powder and coriander powder. You can serve this delicious North Indian recipe in.
Aloo gobi curry step by step
- In a pan take 2 tsp oil. Add onion, ginger garlic paste and ginger. sauté for awhile until onions turn golden brown. Now add cashews and tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes..
- Cool it and blend the ingredients in mixer with roasted gram and 3 tbsp raw rice seeds. (This is to give thickness).
- Now in a pan take oil and sauté with jeera, bay leaf and cinnamon stick..
- Further add chilli powder, turmeric and garam masala and sauté in low flame for around a minute. This is to give a bright colour to the gravy. Now mix the onion and tomato paste and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Also add coriander powder, salt and sugar..
- Further add potatoes and a cup of water and boil it for 10 minutes.
- Now add gobi to the same mixture and boil it for another 15 minutes until gobi is cooked well. Add Yogurt. Add water if required..
- Now add crushed kasuri methi and coriander leaves and serve it hot with roti..
Quite simply it is a simple potato and cauliflower curry. It should sing with bright spicing and feature perfectly cooked potatoes and cauliflower! This Punjabi potato and cauliflower curry is now a prized dish across India and Pakistan. But for the best texture, should the potatoes be waxy or floury? And which spices bring out its comforting warmth?