Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry).
You can have Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry) using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry)
- Prepare 500 g of Chicken.
- You need 1 stalk of lemongrass (bruised).
- You need 1/2 inch of galangal (bruised).
- It’s 2 of bay leaf.
- It’s 2 of kaffir lime leaf.
- Prepare 5 of shallot.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of candlenut.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of ginger.
- It’s 1 inch of turmeric.
- Prepare 5 of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chicken stock powder.
- You need 100 ml of water.
- Prepare 300 ml of coconut milk.
Gulai Ayam (Padang-Style Chicken Curry) instructions
- Marinate chicken with lime juice for 10 minutes. Blend garlic, shallot, candlenut, ginger, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander and 1 Tbsp water with food processor..
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil on skillet with medium fire. Add the blended spices, bay leaf, kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass and galangal into skillet and stir it until fragrant. Add chicken and water, then cook it for 5 minutes until chicken is half-cooked..
- Add coconut milk, salt, sugar and chicken stock powder. Mix it well and simmer for 20 minutes until the sauce becomes slightly thickened. Keep stiring while cooking. Taste the sauce, add more salt if it's needed..
- Gulai Ayam is ready to serve with rice ✨.