Slow Cooker Curry Chicken.
You can cook Slow Cooker Curry Chicken using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Curry Chicken
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- You need 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 of medium onion, diced.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of chopped carrots.
- It’s 1 tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- It’s 1 (13.5 oz) of can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 (6 oz) of can of tomato paste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 tbsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2-3 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut up into 2 inch pieces.
Slow Cooker Curry Chicken instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add garlic and onion, and sauté until onions become translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Then add the carrots and ginger into the pot, cook for about 5 minutes. Stirring occasionally..
- In a medium bowl, add coconut milk, tomato paste, flour, curry powder, garam masala, chili powder, and pepper. Stir until well combined and slightly thickened. Transfer to the pot and cook everything together for another 5 minutes..
- Put the chicken into the slow cooker, then pour the curry sauce on top of it. Stir together. Close the lid, put the temperature to low, and set the timer to six hours..
- After three hours, take off the lid, stir for about a minute, then replace the lid and let cook for another three hours..