Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry.
You can have Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas, drained.
- You need 1 can of coconut milk.
- Prepare 3 of large potatoes, medium dice.
- You need 1 of large carrot, diced small.
- Prepare 3 tsp of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry step by step
- Heat oil in deep-ish skillet and sautee onion until soft..
- Add your dried spices and mix together and cook for about 3 min..
- Add your potatoes and carrots and cook another 2-3min ***note: I uded yukon gold because they break down and "mash" a bit as they cook.
- Add your chickpeas and coconut milk and bring to boil and cook for 5-8min on high..
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and place a cover on the skillet slightly vented open to let steam out.
- Cook for 30-35min and serve once everything is thick and some of the potatoes have mashed into deliciousness..
- Serve with brown rice or naan or my fave :WRAP THAT UP IN A ROTI!!!!.