Chana daal curry. This Punjabi lauki chana dal curry is an easy and quick recipe and goes very well with roti or phulkas. This recipe is made quite often at home. Instant Pot Chana Dal Recipe Video.
Lauki Chana Dal (Bottle Gourd & Lentil Curry) – Pressure Cooker. Chana dal is a delicious, comforting, simple curry dish inspired by the traditional dal found in Indian and Pakistani dishes. The taste of dal differs by region. You can have Chana daal curry using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chana daal curry
- It’s 1 of medium size bottle guard (lauki).
- You need 1 cup of chana daal.
- It’s 1 of medium size onion (chopped in small pcs).
- Prepare 4 of garlic buds (chopped in small pcs).
- It’s 1 of " ginger pc (chopped in small pcs).
- Prepare 4-5 of green chilli (chopped in small pcs).
- Prepare 1 of medium size tomato (cut in med size).
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped cilantro leaves.
- You need of Spices: 1 pinch garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf, 1 black big cardamom, 2 cloves.
- It’s of Cumin seeds, heeng.
- It’s 1/2 tb of spoon red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tb of spn turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 tb of spn coriender powder.
- It’s 1 tb of spoon sabzi masala powder.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- Prepare 2 tb of spoon desi ghee.
- Prepare of Cooking oil.
Chana dal and brinjal curry are very tasty and popular in south Indian. In any recipe we add eggplant then the flavor of that recipe will be increas. Curry leaves really add an extra something-something to curries. How to make Dhaba Style Murg Chana Dal Recipe at Home.
Chana daal curry step by step
- Boil the chana daal and lauki in a cooker (add 1 pinch turmeric powder n 2 tb spn salt as per ur taste) for half an hour (medium flame).
- In a pan take some cooking oil. In hot oil put bay leaf, black cardamom, cloves. Add cumin seeds and heeng.
- Add chopped ginger garlic. Do not fry it much. Add chopped onion and green chilli. When it becomes golden brown add 2 tb spn desi ghee and sliced tomato and all spices (powder) and salt as per ur taste and fry it till all the tomatoes become soft..
- Once masala fries well then add boiled chana daal and lauki and cook for 10 mins in med flame. In the end add chopped coriender leaves. Chana daal curry is ready..
A Chana Dal Ghost Chicken Recipe by FOOD STYLE Please like and share my videos: Easy Homemade Tomato. Chana Dal Curry – THE RECIPE. (I'm making in a pressure cooker. Chana dal recipe – Delicious, spicy and healthy chana dal that goes well with rice or roti. Bengal gram or split skinned chickpeas are known as chana dal in Indian language. Lentil curry or "dal" is a very common Indian food preparation, which is taken with either rice or flat breads, such as chapatti and naan.