Drumstick leaves curry. Drumstick Leaves Curry ( Murungai Keerai Poriyal). Leaf of moringa or drumstick is very nutritious for health. This drumstick leaves curry made in South Indian style, is prepared with fresh drumstick leaves (muringayila), coconut, spices and red cowpeas (vanpayar) as the main ingredients.
I guess most of us love this simple, yet delicious dish and to me and my family, it's one of favorite. Murungai Keerai ( Drumstick Leaves ) is a significant source of beta-carotene, Vitamin C, protein, iron, and It's widely used in the dal and curries. Drumstick Leaves Dal – Murungakeerai paruppu is an. You can have Drumstick leaves curry using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Drumstick leaves curry
- You need Bunch of Drumstick leaves.
- You need of Coconut.
- You need 1tbsp of Fried gram -.
- You need 8-10 of Small onions.
- It’s 2 of Red chillies.
- You need 1 tbsp of Coriander seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fennel seeds.
Drumstick curry or drumstick vegetable recipe made with simple ingredients in south Indian style to serve with rice or roti. Drumstick curry (Drumstick vegetable) – Munakkaya tomato curry. Drumstick leaves kuzhambu (kulambu) is a regular side dish for lunch in south Indian homes. This curry is so comforting along with the rice.
Drumstick leaves curry step by step
- Grind all the ingredients except drumstick leaves..
- Heat a pan with oil. Add mustard seeds. When it splutter add the ground paste. Add water and salt as required. Add turmeric powder..
- Add drumstick leaves and let it boil till the leaves are cooked completely..
Drumstick leaves have a slightly bitter tinge to them. It is a simple curry made using pumpkin and drumstick leaves, with a tempering of pancha phutana and red chillies. When the curry leaves become brittle and the urad dal gets browned, addthe drumstick leaves and fry for a minute. Add the ground liquid masala, pour in a cup of water, a pinch of turmeric and salt to. Fry dry red chillies and a few curry leaves.