Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry.
You can have Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry using 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry
- You need 1 Lb. of Chicken Thighs, Trimmed And Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch.
- You need 1 of teaspoon- Salt -First.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Curry Powder -First.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of Oil- First.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil- Second.
- You need 1/2 of Onion, Chopped.
- You need 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper – Diced.
- It’s 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper Diced.
- It’s 1 of Tomato -Diced.
- It’s 1 of Jalapeno-Diced (If you want more spice add the seeds:).
- You need 4 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped- Fine.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- You need 1 1/2 teaspoon of Salt- Second.
- It’s 1-1 1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder- Second.
- You need 1/2-1 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 14 of -Oz. Coconut Milk.
- Prepare 6 of -Oz. Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 16 of -Oz. Chickpeas, Drained And Rinsed.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- Prepare 1/3 C. of Chopped Fresh Cilantro – Lightly Chopped Just Before Adding Them- No Stems.
- You need 2 C. of Cooked Rice, For Serving.
Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry step by step
- 1. Mix the cornstarch the first salt and first curry powder together and lightly coat the diced chicken. Shake off the excess coating..
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tablespoon oil. Add the diced chicken thighs cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes per side, then remove chicken from pan and set aside..
- 3. In the same pan Add remaining tablespoon oil, onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers,tomato, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until they are soft, about 4 minutes.
- 4. Stir in Garam masala, the second salt, the second curry powder, and chili powder, then add coconut milk, tomato paste,chickpeas and chicken stock. Add the chicken back in and stir until combined and bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes..
- 6. Sprinkle in the lightly chopped cilantro just before service with rice..
- Note this did not come out spicy hot so if you like fire then feel free to bump it up. This tastes really good!.