Slow cooker curry chicken and vegetables. I used curry powder instead of paste for this Slow Cooker Curry Chicken and Vegetables. Curry roux cubes are harder to find and are often used in Japanese cooking. They are like throwing a bouillon cube into your dish, except they are made with curry spices and not a condensed chicken or beef stock.
I have been putting my slow cooker to good use ever since I pulled it out of the lower shelf of the corner kitchen cabinet. It does get a little busy in the morning preparing the ingredients but once everything is in the slow cooker, it pretty much takes care. In the bottom of the slow cooker, whisk together light coconut milk, tomatoes, curry powder, garlic powder, ground ginger and kosher salt. You can cook Slow cooker curry chicken and vegetables using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow cooker curry chicken and vegetables
- It’s 1 lb. of chicken breast, cut in 1 1/2 inches pieces.
- You need 1 can (14.5 oz) of coconut milk.
- It’s 3 Tbsp. of red curry paste.
- It’s 3 Tbsp. of brown sugar.
- It’s of lime juice (approx. 2 Tbsp).
- You need 1 package of frozen Asian medley vegetables*.
Add chicken, onion, chickpeas, cauliflower and baby carrots. Mix everything thoroughly to coat in sauce. Add the chicken, and then the drained eggplant, onion. This simple made-from-scratch slow-cooked spicy chicken curry is delicious!
Slow cooker curry chicken and vegetables instructions
- Combine coconut milk, red curry paste, sugar and lime juice together in the slow cooker..
- Add chicken and vegetables* to the slow cooker and stir well to combine. (*If using a medley with broccoli, add vegetables during the last hour of cooking so the broccoli doesn't overcook.).
- Cook on low for approximately 4 1/2 to 5 hours. Start checking on it after 4 hours to avoid drying out the chicken..
- Serve over rice. Garnish with lime wedges and/or cilantro, if desired. Add salt to taste to balance out the sweetness if you prefer..
Cooked in the Crock Pot to intensify the heat and flavour. Everyone loves a good take-out curry, but homemade chicken curry is something special. Even more so if you raid that spice cabinet and make everything from scratch. Wowsers, that's a lot of positives for a slow cooker vegetable curry recipe! Having recently decided to try veganism, (bye bye EPIC slow cooker chicken curry! *sob*) I'm on a crazed hunt to find/create tons of easy to make dishes that are packed full of healthy vegetables and taste great.