Coconut curry chicken. This coconut curry chicken can be made in one pot and is packed with delicious flavors! Coconut Curry Chicken from Delish.com is a one-pot meal you'll want to make every night. This quick and easy coconut curry might be a bit untraditional, but trust us, it's delicious.
This delicious Coconut Curry Chicken is flavorful and filled with potatoes, carrots and spices. Coconut Chicken Curry. featured in Trinidadian Roti And Fillings. In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken with the onion, scallions, garlic, cilantro, curry powder, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper. You can cook Coconut curry chicken using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Coconut curry chicken
- Prepare 1 pound of chicken breast (skinless, boneless).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 ounces of onion.
- You need 2 ounces of tomato.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 1 cup of coconut milk.
- You need 2 tablespoon of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 tablespoon of fresh grated ginger.
- You need 3 tablespoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Prepare 4 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
While the chicken does its thing, you're going to make a zippy coconut condiment for spooning over the finished dish. Coconut curry chicken is an easy, healthy dinner that's packed with flavor. Just let the chicken simmer in curry spice and coconut milk! You can literally start cooking before the prep work.
Coconut curry chicken step by step
- Dice chicken breasts. Season with salt, pepper, curry powder, and turmeric..
- Dice onions, garlic and tomato..
- In a blender, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, sugar, lemon juice and grated ginger..
- In a pan or skillet heat oil on high heat..
- Reduce heat to medium and saute onions, garlic, tomatoes and red pepper flakes..
- Make space then add chicken slowly, sauteing 5-7 minutes..
- Add coconut mixture and bring to boil..
- Add bay leaf, and continue to simmer..
Forget take-out, this is about to become your new family favorite. Coconut chicken curry is simply chicken in a delicious sauce of tomatoes, garlic, curry powder, and coconut milk. It's a healthy, one-pot meal that tastes great and everyone in the family enjoys. This yellow coconut curry chicken is our go-to meal for busy weeknights or when we're cleaning out the fridge! Curry chicken bowls are always in our monthly meal rotation.