Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry).
You can cook Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry) using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry)
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Green Chickpeas.
- It’s 3 medium of Potato.
- Prepare 2 medium of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 medium of Tomato.
- Prepare 6 clove of garlic cloves.
- You need 4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 500 ml of water.
- It’s 1/4 bunch of Coriander.
- Prepare of Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 2/3 tbsp of Powder Red Chilli.
- Prepare 1 pinch of turmeric.
Cholia Aalu (Green Chickpea-potato Curry) instructions
- Get a wok.
- Warm oil in the wok. Add chopped onion.
- Saute the onion till very light brown.
- In the blender of food factory, put in chopped tomatoes, garlic cloves and the sautéd onions. Blend to make a paste. If you dont have a blender, similar can be done in a mortar-pestle.
- Drop this mixture in the same oil used to saute onions. Fry this mixture.
- Put in all the spices. Salt, red chilli powder and turmeric. Fry the mixture till oil starts to seperate.
- Now add green chickpeas and diced potatoes.
- Saute the chickpeas and potat potatoes in the mixture for five to eight minutes on medium flame.
- Now add in 500 ml water. Let the curry cook on low flame till chickpeas become tender.
- When done, garnish with coriander leaves.