Spicy eggplant curry. Bharwa baingan is a Indian style eggplant curry made by simmering small eggplants in a spicy onion masala. Curried eggplants are a favorite with many Indians and enjoy them often with rice or roti. In addition to curry this easy eggplant slow cooker recipe uses some other beautiful Indian spices like garam masala and cumin.
Do you love spicy and thick gravy? Do you like to eat eggplant and tomato combo? If yes, this is the Basically, Sri Lankan eats this eggplant and tomato curry with rice. You can cook Spicy eggplant curry using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy eggplant curry
- Prepare 2 of Baby eggplants(I bought it from Costco).
- It’s 1 of medium sized white onion chopped into fine pieces.
- Prepare 3 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Prepare few leaves of curry leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of approx. mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried mango powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of chilly powder(depending on the spice level).
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of dried golden sultana raisins.
- You need to taste of salt.
- It’s of cooking oil as needed (I used organic sunflower oil).
But you can also have this. Bhartha (Spicy Indian Eggplant). by: Kendra Vaculin. While curry powder will add flavor but if you are craving the Indian restaurant takeout you won't get the same taste and flavors. Thai green curry with sautéed asian eggplant, red bell peppers, lemongrass, and coconut milk.
Spicy eggplant curry step by step
- Step 1 – Cut the eggplant into round slices about an inch think and keep it aside. In a pan, add few tbsp of cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, place the eggplant pieces in the pan. Cook/Fry the pieces both sides until both sides becomes evenly golden brown in color. Continue this process for all your remaining eggplant pieces. Keep this aside.
- Step 2 – In a cooking dish, add few tbsp of cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, add the chopped onions and sauté it until onion becomes tender and slightly transparent. Into this add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Next, add dried mango powder, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, raisins, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice as per the above specified measurements. Mix the masala for few minutes. To this add chopped tomatoes, cilantro and curry leaves and sauté the content for 5-6 minutes until tomatoes are fried well. Add 1 tsp salt or as required..
- Final step – To the masala add the fried eggplant pieces and mix well . If you like it more gravy add some (1/2 cup) water and bring everything to a boil. Add more salt if required..
- Serve hot with roti or rice..
Please welcome guest contributor Garrett McCord as he shares a favorite recipe for green curry. – Eggplants go from undercooked and spongy to just well done pefection to plain mush in a very – If you like less spicy, cut down on cayenne pepper. The Serranos actually cook down and taste like a. This Eggplant Curry made in the Sri Lankan style is easy enough to put together with just a handful of ingredients, but it packs more flavor than you might imagine. Serve with hot rice or roti for a delicious. This easy eggplant curry recipe is loaded with cubes of creamy eggplant studded with spices and This Easy Eggplant Curry (Baingan Bharta) is the perfect way to turn your garden veggies into an.