Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas. Tofu – A great meatless option for this Panang Curry Dish. Buy the extra-firm variety for this recipe. Coconut Oil – To saute the veggies.
Crispy tofu is sort of the only way I like tofu, I really like those crispy corners and soft in the middle little cubes, more than I probably should. I've also used some last of the season courgette and green beans for the veggies in this curry, along with red pepper which gives this curry a nice bit of crunch. While the tofu is crispy and slightly seasoned, it does still benefit from a sauce, such as Peanut Sauce, my Almond Butter Glaze, a Curry Sauce, or my Garlic I mixed my cubes into a green curry tonight and will incorporate the leftover cubes to try and make another maybe soy-based sauce tomorrow. You can cook Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas
- Prepare 1 block of Tofu, fried crispy 1/2 inch width.
- It’s 1 of left over mince, burger or sausage (beef/pork; remove for vegetarian).
- You need 1 of leftover curried vegetables or curry sauce.
- Prepare 1 dash of chili powder (optional).
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of cooking oil.
Garnish crispy garlic tofu with sesame seeds and green onion. Crispy tofu is best served immediately as it loses its crispiness after half an hour I would I made this last night and am eating the leftovers COLD for lunch today. I think rather than pour on the. Learn how to make the best crispy tofu in this recipe video.
Crispy Tofu Curry – Leftover Ideas instructions
- For leftover mince, burger or sausage – crumble apart and heat on pan. If none, pan fry some mince with desired seasonings on pan with a little cooking oil..
- Add your leftover curried veggies or sauce in pan, mixing in the minced meat. Note: To keep the tofu crispy, don't let it drown in curry sauce. Just add a few teaspoons to add flavour to the tofu..
- When the curry in pot is heated through, tear or cut your crispy tofu coarsely unto the pan. Quickly sauté it and add your additional powdered spices and salt, to taste. Don't leave it too long in pan, tofu will lose its crisp..
- Remove from pan and serve immediately. Enjoy its crispy curried goodness, like I did. 😊.
This crispy tofu is baked, not fried, and it's easy to make! Indian, Nepalese, North African, Japanese, or Thai – I love them all. Try to not flip the tofu too soon, as it'll break apart this way. Just let it sit, and when the tofu "let's go" of the pan on it's own with a gentle push of your spatula, then you can flip it. Press the tofu to drain excess moisture.