Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup.
You can cook Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup
- It’s 1 pound of chicken breast.
- You need 4 cups of reduced sodium chicken broth.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked basmati rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of celery, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of yellow onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 cup of tomato, diced.
- It’s 1 cup of baby carrots, chopped.
- It’s 3 cloves of garlic, minched.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of Jamaican curry powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cummin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 2 tablespoon of olive oil.
- It’s 1 can (13.5 oz) of reduced fat coconut milk.
Jamerican Curry Chicken & Rice Soup step by step
- Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes & season with 2 tbsp of curry. Place in plastic zip bag & refrigerate for a hour or longer. (The longer you marinate, the better the flavor. 8-24 hrs).
- Cook chicken in skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil until all meat is white & set aside..
- Heat the olive oil in a (separate) large stockpot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrots and celery & cook for 6-7 minutes, until the onion is soft & translucent, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic, & cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant, stirring occasionally..
- Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, chicken, curry powder, ginger, cumin, salt & pepper, and stir to combine..
- Add coconut milk & stir. Continue to cook until the soup reaches a simmer (about 5-8 min). Then reduce heat to medium-low, cover partially with a lid, & let the mixture simmer..
- Take off heat & add cook rice. Stir until combined. Then taste soup, add extra salt & pepper if needed. Serve warm..