Savory Curry Soup.
You can have Savory Curry Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory Curry Soup
- You need 1 cup of cashews (soaked for 2 hours unless you have a high speed blender).
- Prepare 3 cups of vegetable broth, divided.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of fresh ginger, minced.
- You need 1 Tbsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt (optional).
- Prepare 4-5 cups of vegetables, chopped (carrots, potatoes, celery, Brussel sprouts, kale, whatever you like).
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
Savory Curry Soup instructions
- If you soaked your cashews, drain them. Put in your blender with 2 C of vegetable broth. Blend until smooth, scraping down sides of blender as needed. Set aside..
- Heat up a large pot and add oil. Saute onions until translucent; about 3 minutes. Add garlic and ginger, cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Add curry power, garam masala, cumin and toss for a minute..
- Add your vegetables, salt, 1 cup vegetable broth and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer until vegetables are almost soft. Add cashew mixture and simmer until vegetables are soft. If you are using greens like kale or peas, add them at the end to retain color and nutrients..
- Serve over rice or with warm bread..