Fijian Chicken Curry.
You can cook Fijian Chicken Curry using 18 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fijian Chicken Curry
- Prepare 500 grams of Chicken thigh on-bone.
- Prepare 80 grams of Ghee.
- You need 1 of large Onion.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds (Jeera).
- It’s 1 tsp of Black Mustard seeds (Sarso).
- It’s 2 of large cubed Potatoes.
- Prepare 4-5 of Fenugreek seeds.
- You need 2-3 of baby Chilis.
- It’s 5-6 of fresh Curry leaves.
- It’s 40 g of crushed Ginger.
- You need 40 g of crushed Garlic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi).
- It’s 2 tsp of Garam Masala powder.
- It’s 1/2 of fresh tomato.
- You need of Salt to season.
- Prepare of Coriander to garnish.
- You need 350 ml of Water.
- You need of optional – Coconut milk.
Fijian Chicken Curry step by step
- In a deep pot, heat 80g og Ghee on high heat..
- After a few minutes, add the onions. Fry them until the edges begin to brown (this shohld take only a minute or two)..
- Now add the ginger and spice seeds and stir for another minute or two, until the ingredients release a fragrant aroma..
- Add the meat and the spice powders. Combine all ingredients by working the chicken around vigorously for about 3 to 5 minutes..
- As to chicken starts to cook, stir in the garlic and lower the heat to medium low, cover and cook for 10 minutes..
- Add 350ml water and bring the mixture to a boil. As soon as the water begins to boil, lower the heat right down, add salt if desired… I use half a tablespoon of salt.. cover and let simmer for another 10 minutes. A long slow low-temp simmer will help develop flavours and let the spices mingle :).
- Can also add a can of coconut milk or cream to thicken out the curry and make it nice n creamy, especially if the chilis sourced are a bit hot!!.
- Garnish with coriander before serving alongside roti or rice. Enjoy!.