Braised young Kabocha squash 炒嫩南瓜. Kabocha squash is a type of Japanese pumpkin and it is packed with amazing health benefits! Japanese Braised Kabocha Squash is an easy delicious side dish that reheats well. Braising vegetables in a dashi-based braising liquid is an easy and delicious way to add flavor to hardy vegetables such as kabocha squash (or other winter squashes), carrots, turnips and other root.
Really easy and relatively quick for a winter squash recipe and the end result will knock your socks off. The tweaks I made were to halve the butter and include a generous pinch pinch of kosher. Nutty and dry like winter squash. You can have Braised young Kabocha squash 炒嫩南瓜 using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised young Kabocha squash 炒嫩南瓜
- Prepare 2 cup of thinly sliced kabocha squash.
- It’s 4-5 of shishito peppers, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of small red pepper, sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 TSP of cooking wine.
- You need of Hot water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need 3 Tsp of olive oil.
Fruit setting similar to summer squash. Start with kabocha squash, which is in many markets right now. Start with kabocha squash, which is in many markets right now. Kabocha (/kəˈboʊtʃə/; from Japanese カボチャ, 南瓜) is a type of winter squash, a Japanese variety of the species Cucurbita maxima.
Braised young Kabocha squash 炒嫩南瓜 step by step
- Thinly slice kabocha squash. If seeds are tender enough, keep them..
- Remove pepper seeds and slice them. Mince garlic..
- Saute peppers in olive to release it's aroma for about 20 second. Add garlic and keep stir for 5 more seconds..
- Add squash and sauté for about a minute. Season them with salt and pepper..
- Add wine and hot water to cover them all. Cook on high heat to braise the squash. Add more water if needed. Mine become tender after 5 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning..
- Serve with rice, porridge, over pasta or in a flat bread..
It is also called kabocha squash or Japanese pumpkin in North America. Dashi Braised Kabocha Squash. by: savorthis. Mix remaining ingredients except cilantro and green onion. Braising is one of our favorite ways to bring out the texture and flavor of winter squash. With ginger, garlic, soy, and mirin (rice wine), the Chinese flavors in this braise make for a surprisingly versatile accompaniment to any main dish.